Skin Health is very important. Exercise is very important because increased blood flow will feed the skin to repair sun damage and produce new skin. Usually 30 min of walking is adequate. Hydration is key as everyone agrees. One way to meet your daily needs if you are busy, is to drink 3 cups of water in the morning and 3 cups of water in the evening (3 standard size cups, not coffee mugs). Applying external creams or antioxidants such as hyaluronic acid based creams or Vit C serums can be effective in skin repair/damage prevention.
Much has been said about sun protection, but how much do you retain?
1) Apply 30 min to sun exposure.
2) Apply 2-3 times per day (no exceptions).
3) Wearing a hat helps.
4) Sun damage can occurred on a cloudy day.
5) SPF only measures UVB, not UVA.
6) Most sunscreens last 90 min - read the label.
7) Vit D Controversy - how much sunlight do I need?
Answer - Take a Vit D pill 200-600 Int Units per day